Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am through with Dan Brown

Book Report: "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown.

A crazy tatooed person stalks the USA's top Mason and his family, becoming a mason himself and seeking the Lost Word which will unlock secret knowledge of the ages.

This crazy involves Robert Langdon in his plot, and the CIA is involved too, somehow. There's a whole lot of frantic running around, broken up by discussions with dialog that feels like it was lifted right out of some old encyclopeadia. The words 'Science' and 'Scientific' are appear frequently, but almost never legitimately. One of the key ideas in the book it 'Noetic Science', which is not really science at all, but metaphisical mumbo-jumbo.

Although the tempo of this book kept me going until the end, the ending is pure drivel, and I resent the author for having subjected me to it.

I AM DONE WITH DAN BROWN. NO MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment