Friday, September 22, 2017

Santorum's Back!

It's Autumn, 2017 in Trumplandia, and Rick Santorum is active in Washington again, organizing a Death-To-Obamacare bill with Lindsey Graham.

Rick and Lindsey bumped into each other at the barber shop, and Rick argued that the next Republican plan should have block-grants for the states. That way, the (Republican) states that refused to take Federal money for Medicaid expansion would get their money anyway, with no or few strings attached. Lindsey ran with the idea, and the result is the Graham-Cassidy healthcare bill.

It's good to see Rick back! It inspired me to build my vocabulary with the following exercise.

(Warning! Language, Stan! Language!)

It was late at night, when the fax machine in my den began to churn. Something from the DNC, a proposed law to be introduced tommorrow.

As I read the legislation my guts began to heave, as if someone had replaced the contents of my stomach with a whole bucket-full of santorum. This legislation would wipe out insurance for all, and death would be the only pre-existing condition it covered, with extra money for the states that had refused the Obamacare expansion.

I stepped out onto the patio, and stared mindlessly over the rough sea, which was heaving like a man with a box turtle. There was a musky smell in the air, like someone had just wiped santorum over the whole world. Wind whipped the water into a foam and blew it, bouncing along the beach in santorum-like clumps, illuminated by the lights of the buildings.

There was a rough knock on the door. I opened it, and Chuck and Nancy came in.

'I can't do it again! You'll have to find someone else to help you!' I said.

Chuck looked at me like I was something stuck to his shoe, and Nancy said 'Wipe the santorum of your face and pull yourself together! We need to get to work! We need to stop this legislation! Again!'

'Aw, come on, Guys!' I said. 'This thing was dead. And now it's back! Just over and over again, like some creature in a bad horror movie! - Or like the political career of Rick Santorum!'

But I knew it was no use. Chuck and Nancy were right! We had to fight this monster at least one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment